What to do for St.Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day is a popular holiday in Ontario, and there are many ways to celebrate the day in the province. Here are some of the best ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Ontario:
- Attend a St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Many cities and towns across Ontario hold St. Patrick’s Day parades, which are a fun and festive way to celebrate the holiday. Some of the largest and most popular parades take place in Toronto and Ottawa.
- Enjoy Irish food and drink: Many Irish pubs and restaurants in Ontario offer special St. Patrick’s Day menus featuring traditional Irish dishes like corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew, and shepherd’s pie. Of course, no St. Patrick’s Day celebration would be complete without a pint of Guinness or other Irish beer.
- Listen to Irish music: There are many talented Irish musicians in Ontario who perform traditional Irish music, and St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to enjoy their music. Check local listings for concerts and events.
- Visit a historic site: Ontario has several historic sites with strong ties to Irish culture and heritage, such as the Irish Cultural Centre in Mississauga, the Irish Heritage Park in Ottawa, and the Irish Monument in Toronto.
- Wear green: It’s a tradition on St. Patrick’s Day to wear green, so be sure to don something green and show your Irish spirit.
Overall, there are many ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Ontario, and the key is to have fun and enjoy the festivities.